Athena Security Inc., today announced that its Firewall Analysis solution, FirePAC, has achieved OPSEC™ (Open Platform for Security) certification from Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet. Through OPSEC certification, FirePAC supports Check Point’s Market-leading NG, NGX R65 and R70 based on the software blade architecture and delivers comprehensive analytics for maintaining always secure, always tuned and always compliant firewall infrastructure.
FirePAC boosts the usability and security effectiveness of Check Point installations by delivering on these key requirements for network/security engineers:
Check Point Migration Support
• Dramatically accelerate the migration process from other vendors and ensure that the target policies are equivalent to the original. Athena FirePAC is the only solution that can analyze and compare the policies for behavioral differences and provide remedies for the errors introduced through the conversion process.
Comprehensive Risk Mitigation
• Identifies risks to critical hosts based on overly permissive rules or rules allowing dangerous services.
• Provides flexibility to define your own custom security zones and create new checks or modify existing checks to reflect unique business requirements.
• Takes into account what networks are reachable from each interface in the firewall based on ACLs, NATs, routing and anti-spoof settings to provide a more precise risk analysis.
Firewall Rule Cleanup and Optimization
• Finds every possible type of structural rule redundancy to find more rules for removal than any other product.
• FirePAC can also find all unused rules based on log history.
• Recommends optimal rule order that places the most used rules as far up as possible towards the top of the rule base without causing any disruptions to critical business services.
Rule/Object Search across your firewall inventory
• Finds all references to an object including parent and child relationships.
• Cuts through objects with multiple levels of membership hierarchies to pinpoint the services and addresses allowed or denied by a rule.
• Produces automated PCI audit reports that go beyond a checklist for minimal compliance. FirePAC computes permitted traffic flows through the firewall to determine what is allowed to reach your credit cardholder data.